Ever go online looking up how to get over a break up and they give you the basic ass generic “block him” BS as if that is going to make you magically feel better? welcome to the real “break up guide”.
I have been in several relationships and I have been in a hell of a lot of entanglements. I am telling you this because I am single which means that all of those things has ended. I consistently go through a break up of some sort, whether it be with a boyfriend or with a Guy that just… Entertains me from time to time.
The point is I know all about endings and break ups. I am not going to tell you that this will be easy and that you are not going to hurt and this Guide will help you be over him in three days but that’s just not the truth. I’m here to give you the tough love that you need to help you start making those steps to get up and move the hell on from that bum.
So let’s get into it!
- Give yourself a mourning period with an end date. This means give yourself time to grieve your relationship because some thing did die and by not acknowledging that, you are setting yourself up for failure in your next relationships and in the rest of your life by Building this pattern of avoiding your hurt rather than working through it.
- Fake it till you make it. When your mourning period has come to an end, it’s time to get dressed get cute and take the best F*CK YOU picture you can take. Maybe he’ll see it maybe he won’t but his validation is not what we are seeking we are seeking our own.
- if you are a hoarder like me and hate deleting pictures this is going to be a hard one. Delete all your photos. The way I did this was I created a folder with all our photos and hide them so I didn’t delete them but they aren’t in my face. Eventually I deleted all his photos. Now I can look at his pictures and be Unbothered
- Distract yourself. Remember all that time during the day that you would spend texting or calling them? What can you do instead of talking about or to him. What really helped me was Binge watching TV. It gave me so much comfort.
- Take a break from dating. This one isn’t for everybody But it definitely needed to be said. Let’s not force a new relationship, take time to heal. I took a year of celibacy after my Last break up. Obviously, it doesn’t have to be a year but I want you to really give yourself time to reflect on yourself in that relationship.
- Put your anger to work. After my break up I worked out four times a week and lost 30 pounds. I was so heartbroken and sad that I turned my sadness into anger and I used my anger to fuel me to work on my revenge body.
The sad fact is that we will go through hundreds of failed relationships with family with friends with partners it is inevitable. All we can do is make sure that we are being the best that we can be and that we are knowing that the relationship is not us, we are not the relationship, we did not die when the relationship died. We are alive and The proof is in our hurt. we had those experiences and we are grateful for those experiences because it taught us some thing and we are better because of it and that is the important thing. Feel free to share your tips in the comments on things that help you through a break up.